- This function is used to return a part of string.
- Its Very Simple Syntax
PHP String Contains substring
It has few Parameters
- First one is String - Specify the Input String.
- Second one is a start - It is the required Parameter.
- Third one is length - Optional Parameter. Specify the end of the string
<?php echo substr("Hello Folks", 5); // Folks ?>
Starts With 0 - Remove all five characters from the start and return the remaining. ( includes whitespace )
<?php echo substr("Hello Folks", 5,4); // Fol ?>
In Above Example returns only three characters, but the length is 4 because it includes the whitespace.
<?php echo substr("Hello Folks", 5,-1); // Folk ?>
- In Above Code, The Negative Number is going to return the last index
- I Specify
-1it's going to return from the end of the string
<?php echo substr("Hello Folks", 5,0); // ?>
- In Above Example, that is going not to return anything
- We Choose the length as 0
We can use this anywhere in the PHP, Where you Want to subtract some text from the element