wget Output File
- Wget command helps to download number of packages from web.
- Wget supports https, http and ftp protocols.
- You can download packages very easily even if your net connection is very slow.
- Wget is best suitable for very slow and unstable network connections.
- Support SSL/TLS It supports encrypted download through SSL/TLS.
- Download through proxies It can download through proxies and have web access through inside firewall.
apt-get install wget dpkg -i wget
How to download a
zip file via http. You can download any file with wget.
For Example , Download the latest wordpress zip
Wget Save As
- With wget command you can also resume your downloads.
- You may be downloading any package and for some reason you had to stop your download.
- You can again restart the download from the same place where it was stopped.
wget -O cj.zip http://wordpress.org/latest.zip
Check if the file exist
- Just want to determine wheather the remote file exist at the destination then use
spideroption with wget.
wget --spider http://wordpress.org/latest.zip
- To know your wget version.
wget to file
- Download only only PDF files from specific domains.
Download full contents of website.
wget -m --domains=example.org, a.example.org, b.example.org, c.example.org -A=pdf http://www.example.org/
wGet download file
wget -nd -r -P /Downloads/ -A jpeg,gif,png http://www.examples.com/imgs/
wget Examples of Image Download
-PPrefix directory it set the path where all the downloaded files and directories will be saved.